I lost the change over because I was hip deep in the second draft of To Fire Called.
You read that right. The second draft. I also got the book converted and distributed to betas (who have until tomorrow to get back to me) and I’ve got an editor on speed dial to take the final manuscript as soon as I can get it to her. Look for this ebook by the first of May.
The breakthrough came during a Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s event where we challenged each other to write 25k words in 4 days. I wrote 32k in five and hit the end of the book about a week ago.
To answer the usual questions:
1. The ebook is only on KDP (and in KU) because I can’t afford to go wide.
2. I will publish it in paper – maybe as early as the end of May (so I can take it to BaltiCon)
3. Podium is scheduling Jeff Kafer now so the audiobook will probably be out in mid-May as well. That’s beyond my control but they’re eagerly waiting for me to toss the manuscript their way.
In other news:
1. The Tanyth series will be produced in audio this year. How soon is still being negotiated. I will NOT be reading it.
2. The next book is probably going to be Smuggler’s Tales 2, Suicide Run. I’m anxious to get back to that story line to back-fill what you discover in Fire.
3. The Smuggler’s Tales series will be produced in audio, but probably not until 2018, definitely not until I have all three books done, and I won’t be reading those either.
I know that audio is the go-to for some people these days, but I sell fewer audio editions than I do paperbacks and I only offer paperbacks as customer service because they generate just a tiny fraction of my revenue.